70.jpg

  .

izi-travel.jpg

 
  baner_admin.jpg
 

! - , , , .
      

Svetlogorsk

A place of our meeting!

Svetlogorsk is located in the west of Russia, 38 kilometres from the regional centre-Kaliningrad, at the southern coast of Baltic sea. In East Prussia the town bore a beautiful name of Raushen ( the German for make noise). Today, Svetlogorsk-is a modern and dynamically developing resort. It is the place where the wood, the sea, mountains and plains are harmonically connected together. This place is very often compared to Switzerland. The most important sight here is, certainly, the sea. The half-kilometre promenade accommodates dozen of restaurants and cafes. Svetlogorsk is a federally designated Kurort with many health spas and sources of healing waters. From the highest sand dunes in Europe you will look down in awe on the great sand beaches of the Baltic sea.


  .jpg

Water Tower Rauschen

The most notable construction in the city which has become a sort of its business card is the Tower of the sea water treatment centre (Wasserturm Rauschen) which is 25 m high. Designed by Otto Walter Kukuck in 1907-1908 in the style of Neo-romanticism it was used to supply water from the Mill Pond springs. In 1978 it was decorated by the sundial (author the local painter and sculptor N. Frolov).



Memorable sign to Thomas Mann

Thomas Mann is one of the greatest writers of the XX century, a Nobel prize winner in literature. The present sign was installed on June, 6,2003 in memory of his visit to Rauschen in August 1929. Right here the well-known story Mario and a jugglerwas written. Another Nobel prize winner , writer Gunter Grass took part in the ceremony of its opening.

Authors: sculptors Ludmila Bogatova and Oleg Salnikov.



Organ Hall (reconstructed by the company Makarov)

The former Catholic chapel named Mary-the seastar. The decision on its erection for residents of Rauschen and catholics who came here for rest was made in 1928. The building was made of wooden constructions delivered here from Konigsberg after dismantling of Cranzrailway station. The ceremony of its sanctifying took place on May,10,1931 when it received its name Katolische Kapelle Maria Seestern. In the postwar period it was used as a warehouse. In 1994 Lithuanian restorators, being hired by the company Makarov effected reconstruction works in order to use it as a concert hall. The perfect organ was installed then, having 24 registers and 1400 pipes. Concerts of organ music are held here all the year round.


The Temple of the Saint Serafim Sorovskiy

(former Evangelic-Lutheran kirche )

Its construction lasted since 1903 till 1907. Architects- Buhmann and Kukuck

Style- Neo-Gothic with elements of Modern. The interior design was elaborated by architect Hering the resident of Rauschen. The carved altar was made by him as well and presented to the parish. In 1992 the building was sanctified and has been functioning as the Orthodox church of Saint Serafim Sorovskiy.


Sculpture Princess-Frog(Tsarevna-Frog)

This is a personage of a Russian well-known fairy-tale with the same title. It depicts the moment when the frog got rid of her skin and started turning into a beautiful Tsarevna. In fact it can be considered a symbol of new Svetlogorsk and its revival.

There is a popular local belief- if you exchange kisses with tsarevna (first you have to touch your own lips, then hers) all your cherished wishes will come true.

Author- honoured painter of Russia Oleg Melehov, made in 2006, bronze.


Sculpture Water-carrying girl

This sculpture (Wassertraegerin) was created by the famous German sculptor Hermann Brachert in the selttlement of Georgenswalde (presently- Otradnoje) in a workshop of a house where his family lived since 1933 till 1944. Since 1945 till 2003 it was located in the larch park and then was transfered into the museum of Herman Brachert where it is placed now. Its copy is installed now in the park.



Sculpture Nymph

It was made of bronze in the settlement of Georgenswalde (now Otradnoje) and installed in 1938 on the Rauschen promenade. The model for it was the 17 y.o. Kote Tsigan, invited by G.Brahert (later after marriage her surname was Porst). Having survived after the hard war period it keeps being the perfect decoration of Svetlogorsk promenade.




Model of Medieval Konigsberg.

It revives the memory of last decades of the Teutonic Order epoch (period 1511-1544). The main part of it is the model of the Royal Castle and 3 neighbouring medieval towns: Aldstadt, Lobenikht and Kneiphoff which were located around it. One can also observe the landscape of medieval Konigsberg. All in all there were more than 500 architectural objects of which 30 had a historical importance. Among them there were : Royal Castle, Cathedral, churches, towers, city walls, town halls, bridges.




Restaurant /entertainment centre Corvette
(former Kurhaus)

The word Kurhaus being translated from German means a resort house. Such a status in East Prussian resorts could be applied only to the most prominent hotels. In halls of this whimsical wooden building erected in 1901 (style modern) concerts and dancing parties were held before, visitors also played billiards and read newspapers. Since August 1903 religious messes were arranged here till the moment the Evangelic-Lutheran kircha was erected.

Presently it houses the entertainment centre and a restaurant Corvette.


Hunting Lodge (former boarding house Seasight)

Built in 1926 on the fixed dune. Architect- Hering. Style- modern. It has typical tire composition and a lot of constructive and decorative wooden elements. It was owned by Carl von Streng, the burgomeister of Rauschen since 1925 till 1933. His family lived in this house which was also used as a boarding house for 24 places (Pension Meersblick). There were many hunting trophies inside it, therefore its unofficial name was Hunting Lodge. In the Soviet period it belonged to the military sanatorium. When the famous movie Red Ridinghoodwas shot in Svetlogorsk with the famous Soviet actor E. Evstigneev, this construction was used as a house of the astrologer. The building was reconstructed by experts who were involved in the renovation of the Cathedral of the Blessed Basil in Moscow. Since 2003 it has been a private property.



Central staircase and promenade.

The construction of the central staircase and sea promenade was over in 1973. The length of it is more than 1 km. There are 265 stairs in it and the slope is 36 m high. During summer it serves as an open-air concert hall.



Sundial on the promenade.

Mosaic composition made of smalt pieces with signs of the Zodiac was made in 1974 by the local sculptor N. Frolov. Disc diameter is 5 m. There is a gnomon in the centre, the shadow of which points at the time. Its oriented at the Polar star and is inclined at 55 degrees which is the latitude of Svetlogorsk.



Chapel of the icon Delight of all mourning people


This chapel was erected in memory of the tragic death of kids and their teachers as a result of airplane crash on May, 16, 1972. It was designed by architects A. Arhipenko and J. Kuznetsova in 1994 and built for peoples donations. The chapel is considered as the first Orthodox church, built in the Kaliningrad region in the post-war period.



Lake Tikhoje (Calm lake former Mill Pond).


It appeared about 800 years old after Teutonic Knights decided to make a weir at the Cat Pond. The pond then was called Mill Pond (Muelenteich) while the stream Rauschen Mill Brook. Right here the biggest on the Zamland peninsula water mill was located which existed up to the 20-ies of the XX c. Today the lake is a recreation area for citizens and guests.








26.06.2017 4-8 - XIV
26.06.2017 28 - ​ ​​ ""